COVID Protocols & Facility Access - for Swangard
· Only the SE gate (by the 300m/1500m mark) will be open. Everyone must check in here.
· No lanyards or physical accreditation will be provided. Your name must be on the approved list as a:
o Athlete competing (scratched athletes not allowed)
o Coach (see below)
o Approved member of the media
o Meet management (including doping control, film crew, paramedic, etc)
· No spectators will be permitted inside the stadium.
· Everyone will be asked to compete a verbal COVID-19 symptom screening questionnaire at check-in.
· Athletes will have specific entry and exit times into the facility.
· Jumpers (high jump and pole vault) and sprinters will be admitted 60 minutes prior to the start of their race
· Javelin throwers will be admitted 90 minutes before the start of their competition so that they can complete implement weigh ins
· Endurance athletes (800m & up including racewalk) will be admitted into the stadium 30 minutes prior to the start of their race.
· All athletes must exit within 15 minutes after the completion of their event.
o EXCEPT those athletes selected for Doping Control.
Implement & Shoe check
· NEW this year, upon check-in to the stadium, ALL athletes must have their competition shoes inspected & measured by officials to ensure compliance with World Athletics regulations.
o See the World Athletics’ shoe compliance list.
· Javelin throwers will proceed to the javelin runway for implement weigh-ins.
· Athletes will be permitted to have up to one coach allowed inside the stadium.
· If two or more athletes share the same coach, only that one coach will be allowed inside.
· Coaches will only be permitted inside the stadium for the warm up and event itself.
o Unless they have another athlete warming up or competing at that time, they must exit the stadium promptly.
o If another athlete of theirs competes later in the meet, the coach must leave and re-enter when the next athlete’s in-stadium warm up begins.
· Members of the media who have received approval from Meet Management (Brian Pound for journalists, and Brian Cliff for photographers) will be permitted to check-in at the SE gate and proceed directly to the media zone (paved section SW of finish line, and grandstands). Do not pass GO, do not collect $200 😉
· We can only allot for 2 photographers on the track/field in our COVID-19 safety plan, and therefore all other photographers will have to take photos from the media zone (grandstands and paved area behind finish line).
· Before and after being admitted to the stadium, athletes can use the park washroom at the north-east corner of the east parking lot (along backstretch).
· While inside the stadium, athletes, coaches, officials and core-zone meet management can use the washrooms inside the tunnel (accessed halfway down the homestretch)
· Those in the media area can use the concourse washrooms.
Social distancing & Masks
· 2m of physical distance must be maintained between all competitors, coaches, officials and meet management before and after competitions.
· All non-athletes must wear a mask at all times when inside the stadium (both indoors and outdoors).
· Athletes must wear a mask when they are not actively warming up, competing or cooling down.
· If anyone is found to be violating the above policies, they may be asked to leave.
· Track athletes should check in with the starter’s assistant at the start line of their race 10 minutes prior to the start.
Athletes must be at the start line ready to compete 3 minutes prior to the start of their race for introductions.
There will be two layers of prizing.
Awarded only if there are enough participants with seasonal bests (dating back to January 1, 2019) over 1000 World Athletics Results Points. Placing prizes not awarded to last place.
E.g. in men's 1500m, there are 3 athletes entered with personal bests above 1000 points. Only 1st and 2nd place will be awarded a placing prize.
E.g. in the men's High Jump, there are 4 athletes entered with personal bests above 1000 points. 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be awarded a placing prize
WA Points Prizes
Point levels and amounts are tentatively set and meet management reserves the right to change them.
Thresholds are based on the performance achieved at the 2021 Harry Jerome. Only results score points count towards prizing.
All athletes in an event that achieve the points threshold will be awarded.
E.g. 5 athletes in one event could receive a Points Prize
1160 points = $1500
1140 points = $750
1120 points = $400
1100 points = $100
Friday, June 11: 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm via Zoom
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 841 2082 0581
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 647 374 4685 Canada
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+1 778 907 2071 Canada
+1 204 272 7920 Canada
+1 438 809 7799 Canada
+1 587 328 1099 Canada
Meeting ID: 841 2082 0581
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdZC1lls4
Nigel Hole (he, him, his)
Vancouver Thunderbirds Track & Field Club
778 891 9350