2017 Harry JEROME INDOOR GAMES Presented by telus
Saturday, February 4, 2017
Meet Information - Bulletin
Updated as of Jan 17, 2017.
ENTRY DEADLINE: MIDNIGHT, FRIDAY, JANUARY 27
To register go to: www.trackiereg.com/2017JeromeIndoor
This is the seventh year that this event offers the opportunity to compete on the indoor track and field complex at the Richmond Olympic Oval. The facility accommodates a level, 5-lane 200 meter oval running track plus room for shot put and high jump. In addition, a separate 100m straightaway offers a safe, 5-lane environment for up to 60m sprint and hurdles events.
The Richmond Kajaks Track & Field Club and
The Achilles International Track & Field Society
Richmond Olympic Oval -6111 River Road, Richmond, BC
Entry open to:
- JD (Born 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 or 2004)
- Midget (born 2003 or 2002)
- Youth (born 2001 or 2000)
- Masters & Open Divisions - Men & Women
- JD (born 2008-2004): 60m - 600m - 4X200m Mixed Relay (2G/2B)
- JD (born 2005-2004): Shot Put (Boys/Girls) – IS A NEW EVENT THIS YEAR !
- Midget, Youth, Masters, Open:
- 60m – 60mH – 300m – 600m – 1000m – 1200m*/1500m - 4x200m Relay - HJ – SP
* 1200m is the official distance event for Midget W/M
- NEW CO-ED 1500m RACE WALK EVENT – Open to all age divisions
- Medals to top 3 finishers in JD, Midget, and Youth Age Divisions
- The Pacific World Cup for the University team aggregate point winner. Scoring: 6-4-3-2-1
- The Eaton Cup for the Club team (Midget-Youth-Open) aggregate winner. Scoring: 6-4-3-2-1
- Awards for best individual performance in Midget W/M; Youth W/M, Masters W/M, Open W/M
$17.50 per person per event; $35.00 per relay team
Large Team Entry Fee Ceiling: $400 per gender team.
Entries open Dec 15 and close midnight, Friday, Jan 27
To register go to: www.trackiereg.com/2017JeromeIndoor
BC Athletics Membership Requirements:
All participants in the meet must hold a 2017 BC Athletics or equivalent membership in order to take part in the meet. More information at: bcathletics.org/main/index.htm
Eligible memberships are:
- 2017 Competitive BC Athletics membership
- 2017 Competitive membership with another province or IAAF Federation
- 2017 Team Roster membership with a 2017 BC Athletics affiliated Post Secondary Club
- 2016/2017 BC Athletics School Club (Elementary through High School) membership
Elementary through High School aged athletes who are not with a 2016/2017 BC Athletics School Club are permitted to take out a $3.00 Day of Event membership in order to participate in the meet.
Note: Day of Event memberships are not permitted for any other age group.
Saturday, Feb 4th, 2017
|9:45||All Ages||M-W||1500m R Walk||9:45||Midget||W||60mH-Prelim|
|10:00||JD 2005 - 2004||B||Shot Put||9:45||Midget||W||60mH-Prelim|
|11:30||JD 2005 - 2004||G||Shot Put||10:50||Open||W||60mH Final|
|11:30||Midget-Youth-Open||W||Shot Put||10:55||Open||M||60mH Final|
|12:00||Track Oval Closed for 60m OM||11:15||Midget||M||60m-Prelim|
|1:30||JD 2008-2004||G/B||4x200MixedRelay||12:50||JD 2008-06||G-B||60m-Sect Final|
|2:10||Track Oval Closed for 60m OM||1:15||JD 2005-04||G-B||60m-Final|
|3:00||Midget-Youth-Open||M||High Jump||2:10||Open||M||60m Final-B|
|5:20||Awards: Pacific World Cup – Eaton Cup – Outstanding Individual Performances|
Note: Final schedule will be posted before 2:00pm Wednesday, Feb 1 on harryjerome.com/events
Important Changes & Reminders:
- Over 300 applications for entry were received last year!
- Details regarding the online entry process on Trackie are included later in this bulletin.
- Parking will be at a premium. Further information will be posted on our website closer to the date of meet.
- The meet will continue to incorporate the straightaway adjacent to the oval for all 60m and 60mHurdle events. Events will run simultaneously on both the oval and the straightaway.
- Avoid time conflicts with events by reviewing this bulletin before completing entry applications.
- The ordering of pin spikes is integrated into the online event registration process at trackie.com!
- The Pacific World Cup (University) and Eaton Cup (Club) aggregate team winners as well as awards for the outstanding individual performance in each division (Midget; Juvenile; Open; Masters) will be presented at the conclusion of the meet.
- Events for Midget – Youth – Open – Master (born 2003 and older): 60m+, 60m Hurdles*, 300m 600m, 1000m, 1200m**, 1500m, 4X200mR, High Jump, Shot Put*, + = Masters sections; * = age adjusted; ** = the 1200m is the official distance event for Midget W /M).
- Events for JD (born 2008-2004) Girls and Boys: 60m-600m-4x200m Mixed (2G/2B) Relay.
- New Event in 2017 for JD (born 2005-2004) Girls and Boys: Shot Put (3 kg).
- New Event in 2017 for JD (born 2007-2004) – Midget – Youth – Open - Masters: 1500m Race Walk (co-ed)
- ‘Masters-only’ sections of the 60m are available.
- Junior-aged and Masters-aged athletes may apply to compete in the Open division.
- Open Women and Open Men 60m B-finals will only be run if size of field warrants.
- All athletes, especially relay team members, are encouraged to wear club jerseys during their competition.
- If spikes are worn, only the following pin spike will be allowed for use on the Pulastic flooring. Omni-Lite 5mm Ceramic Indoor Pyramid spike and Omni-Lite 7mm Ceramic Indoor Pyramid spike The use of any other type or longer length of spike is prohibited and will be strictly enforced. Spikes may be purchased online for $7.00 per set at time of event registration.
- The Track Zone starting blocks will be the only ones utilized.
- We endeavor to ensure that the appropriate shot weights and sizes and hurdle heights and spacing are available during the competition.
Specs for 60m Hurdles:
Age Classes: Midget Women/Men; Youth Women/Men; Junior Women/Men; Senior (Open) Women/Men; Masters Women/Men
Specs for Shot Put:
Age Classes: JD B/G (born 2005-2004); Midget Women/Men (14/15); Youth Women/Men (16/17); Junior Women/Men (18/19); Senior (Open) Women/Men; Masters Women/Men. Throwing Implements are provided. JD weight is 3 kg.
Start Lines & Staggers: (* = run on straightaway)
- 60m*, 60mH*, 300m – run in lanes all the way (300 has 3-curve staggered start)
- 600m – 2-curve staggered start; break in after second curve
- 1000m – start on single or double curved line; break in when clear; 8 runners max
- 1200m and 1500m - start on single or double curved line; break in when clear; 9 runners max
- 4 x 200m Relay – 3-curve staggered start: break in after third curve; 20m exchange zone
- 1500m Race Walk - start on single or double curved line; break in when clear; 24 runners max
- 800m Race Walk – start on single or double curved line; break in when clear;
Entry Deadline: Midnight, Friday, January 27
- All entries are entered online at www.trackiereg.com/2017JeromeIndoor
- Please review carefully BC Athletics membership requirements
- Relay Teams: When entering relay teams, all members must be identified by first selecting number of relay teams and then entering the names of members (section 2 of 3)
- Entry Fees CAP: Teams meeting the required $400.00 entry fee total per gender team (not including spike fees) will need to use payment method of “On Site Payment” so the amount owed can be paid onsite the day of event (February 4th, 2017) via Cash, Cheque or Credit Card.
- There are no refunds for scratches that occur after the entry deadline. Groups claiming the $400 cap must adjust their entry online for scratches up to Entry Deadline and be charged for extraordinary number of scratches after the deadline to time of on site payment of fees owing.
- Technical meeting at 8:45 am on meet day is last opportunity to scratch from events
Inquiries re Entries:
Direct your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start List and Final Schedule:
First Start List 2:00 pm, Monday, Jan 30
Final Start List and Schedule of Events 2:00 pm, Wednesday, Feb 1
Posted on www.harryjerome.com/events
Seeding and Finals:
Athletes will be placed into sections or heats based on submitted best 2016 OUTDOOR performances.
All track events with the exception of the 60m, and 60m Hurdles are sectioned timed finals.
Athlete Accreditation (Bibs) & Spectators:
- Athlete and spectator access to the Track Zone is available after 8:30 am.
- Registered athletes may pick up their numbers at the Athlete Check-in table at the main entrance to the Oval from 8:00 am.
- General Admission tickets: $5.00. Children under 13 accompanied by an adult are free.
Available after 2:00 pm on Monday, January 30
Our PAPERLESS PROGRAM will be available at www.harryjerome.com/events
Check-in Times & Locations:
Check-in for all Oval track and field events including all 60m or 60m hurdle events will be located at the northwest corner of the Track Zone (left end of the window wall). Check-in must occur no later than 15 minutes before the posted start times. The athlete control clerks will escort competitors to the start of their event when it is time.
Covered pay parking ($1.00 per hour) is available at the Oval. West Park is a multi-level parking lot with access off River Road just east of the Lobby entrance to the Oval and with 40 parking stalls available also at $1.00 per hour. With large groups at special events (like ours) parking becomes quite limited. We suggest you plan ahead with car-pooling or drop-off plans and also scout the area for other options.
Check later version of this bulletin for overflow parking options.