2015 VANCOUVER SUN JEROME INDOOR GAMES
Technical & Entries Package
As of December 25, 2014. Download here
Saturday, February 7, 2015
Entry open to:
- JD 10/11 (BORN 2004 or 2005),
- JD 12/13 (born 2002 or 2003),
- Midget (born 2000 or 2001),
- Youth (born 1998 or 1999),
- Masters, & Open Divisions Men & Women
This is the fifth year that this event offers the opportunity to compete on the indoor track and field complex at the Richmond Olympic Oval. The facility accommodates a level, 5-lane 200 meter oval running track plus room for shot put, high jump and pole vault (new this year!)
The Richmond Kajaks Track & Field Club and
The Achilles International Track & Field Society
Richmond Olympic Oval
6111 River Road, Richmond, BC
JD 10/11, JD 12/13: 60-300-600-4X200mRelay
Midget, Youth, Masters, & Open: 60-60H-300-600-1000-1500-4x200Relay-HJ-SP-PV
See Technical Notes Below
$15.00 per person per event and $30.00 per relay team
Important Changes & Reminders:
- A record number of 420 applications for entry were received last year!
- Meet organizers are determined to accommodate all requests received by the midnight, Friday, Jan 30 deadline.
- The meet will continue to incorporate the straightaway adjacent to the oval for all 60m and 60mHurdle events. Events will run simultaneously on both the oval and the straightaway.
- Avoid conflicts with events by reviewing this Technical & Entries Package before completing entry applications.
- The ordering of pin spikes has been integrated into the online event registration process at trackie.com!
- The Pacific World Cup (University) and Eaton Cup (Club) aggregate team winners as well as awards for the outstanding individual performance in each division will be presented at the conclusion of the meet.
- An entry fee ceiling has been set for large-group entries from schools or clubs. See last page of this bulletin for details.
- Parking will be at a premium. Review the information within and plan to arrive with ample time to park, register, warm up and compete!
- Events: 60m+*, 60m Hurdles+, 300m*, 600m*, 1000 m, 1500m, 4X200mR*, High Jump, Shot Put, Pole Vault
[* = Includes JD10/11-12/13 sections; + = Masters sections]
- The events offered for JD10/11-12/13 Girls and Boys are the 60m-300m-600m-4x200nRelay
- The only ‘Masters-only’ event is the 60m
- A special CIS (Intercollegiate) qualifying event has been added (4x800Relay) for TWU and UVic Men’s and Women’s teams. This event will precede the 10 am general start of the meet by 40 minutes
- Junior-aged and Masters-aged athletes may apply to compete in the Open division.
- Pole Vault is a special demonstration event this year with a limit of 10 competitors in each of the men’s and women’s events and a minimum best 2014 performance of 2.80m (Women) and 3.50m (Men)
- Order of Divisions in each track event: JD 10/11-12/13 Girls; JD 10/11-12/13 Boys; Midget Girls; Midget Boys; Youth Women; Youth Men; Open Women; Open Men; Masters Women (60m); Masters Men (60m)
- B-Finals are tentatively scheduled for the Open Women and Open Men 60 metres. Places 6-10 will be determined by finish order in the B Final.
- All athletes, especially relay team members, are encouraged to wear club jerseys during their competition.
- If spikes are worn, only the following pin spike will be allowed for use on the new Pulastic flooring. Omni-Lite 5mm Ceramic Indoor Pyramid spike and Omni-Lite 7mm Ceramic Indoor Pyramid spike The use of any other type or longer length of spike is prohibited and will be strictly enforced. Spikes may be purchased online for $6.00 per set at time of event registration.
- We endeavor to ensure that the appropriate shot weights and sizes and hurdle heights and spacing are available during the competition.
- The Track Zone starting blocks will be the only ones utilized.
- Specs for 60m Hurdles:
Age Classes: 14/15 Women/Men; 16/17 Women/Men; Senior (Open) Women/Men; Masters Women/Men
Specs for Shot Put: [John, Peter]
Age Classes: 14/15 (Midget) Women/Men; 16/17 (Youth) Women/Men; 18/19 (Junior) Women/Men; Senior (Open) Women/Men; Masters Women/Men Throwing Implements are provided.
Start Lines & Staggers: (* = run on straightaway)
- 60m*, 60mH*, 300m – run in lanes all the way (300 has 3-curve staggered start)
- 600m – 2-curve staggered start; break in after second curve
- 1000m – start on single or double curved line; break in when clear; 8 runners max
- 1500m - start on single or double curved line; break in when clear; 9 runners max
- 4 x 200m Relay – 3-curve staggered start: break in after third curve; 20m exchange zone
- 4 x 800m Relay – 1-curve staggered start: break in after first curve; 20 m exchange zone
- Medals to top 3 finishers in 10/11, 12/13, 14/15, and 16/17 Age Divisions
- The Pacific World Cup for the University team aggregate point winner.
- The Eaton Cup for the Club team aggregate winner.
- Special Awards for best individual performances in 10/11G; 10/11B; 12/13G; 12/13B; 14/15W; 14/15M; 16/17W; 16/17M, Open W, Open M, Masters W, Masters M divisions.
BC Athletics Membership Requirements:
All participants in the meet must hold a 2015 BC Athletics or equivalent membership in order to take part in the meet. Eligible memberships are:
- 2015 Competitive BC Athletics membership
- 2015 Competitive membership with another province or IAAF Federation
- 2015 Team Roster membership with a 2015 BC Athletics affiliated Post Secondary Club.
- 2015 BC Athletics School Club (Elementary through High School) membership.
Elementary through High School aged athletes who are not with a 2015 BC Athletics School Club are permitted to take out a $3.00 Day of Event membership in order to participate in the meet. Note: Day of Event memberships are not permitted for any other age group.
For further information consult the BC Athletics web site at: bcathletics.org
Entries must be entered and paid for online by midnight, Friday, January 30 at: http://www.trackie.com/online-registration/event.php?id=1495
Inquiries re Entries:
Please use our athlete contact page for questions. We will respond as soon as possible.
Start List and Final Schedule:
Will be posted 2:00 pm Monday, February 2.
Entry Fee Ceiling for Large Teams:
- Coaches will enter teams in the usual way for individuals and teams and pay the required fees.
- Post meet, the total entry fees paid by a team for either gender group will be calculated and a refund for any payment over the $300 limit will be made to the school or club.
- There are no refunds for scratches after the entry deadline date and they will not be included in the calculation of total team entry fee payments to compare to ceiling limits.
Athlete Accreditation (Bibs) & Spectators:
- Athlete and spectator access to the Track Zone is available after 8:30 am.
- Registered athletes may pick up their numbers at the Athlete Check-in table at the main entrance to the Oval from 8:00 am.
- General Admission tickets: $5.00. Children under 13 accompanied by an adult are free.
Seeding and Finals:
- Athletes will be placed into sections or heats based on their submitted best 2014 outdoor performances.
- All track events with the exception of the 50 metres, 60 metres, and 60m Hurdles are sectioned timed finals.
Check-in Times & Locations:
- Check-in for all Oval track and field events including all 60m or 60m hurdle events will be located at the northwest corner of the Track Zone (left end of the window wall). Check-in must occur no later than 15 minutes before the posted start times. The athlete control clerks will escort competitors to the start of their event when it is time.
Our PAPERLESS PROGRAM will be available after 2:00 pm on Monday, February 2.
Covered pay parking ($1.00 per hour) is available at the facility. With large groups at special events (like ours) parking becomes quite limited and overflow free parking has been provided courtesy of – and at the WorkSafeBC (WCB) complex – just one block south with entrance on Elmbridge Way just west of the intersection with Hollybridge Way.