2016 the province percy williams INDOOR GAMES
Junior Development Events; Integrated* High School / Club Events; Open/Master Events
Saturday, march 12, 2016
Meet Information - Bulletin
Updated as of March 11, 2016. Download here
This is the inaugural edition of The Province Percy Williams Indoor Games which feature a new format, an evolution from the Gran Forza V team event, that creates a wider opportunity for high school teams as well as open, masters and junior development athletes to compete on the indoor track and field complex at the Richmond Olympic Oval. The facility accommodates a level, 5-lane, 200 metre oval running track plus room for shot put and high jump. In addition, a separate 100m straightaway offers a safe, 5-lane environment for up to 60m sprint and 60m hurdles events.
The Richmond Kajaks Track & Field Club and
The Achilles International Track & Field Society
Richmond Olympic Oval -6111 River Road, Richmond, BC
Entry open to:
- JD (Born 2007-2006-2005-2004-2003) One-year Divisions
- High School Juvenile (Gr 8&9) / Club Midget (Born 2002 or 2001) Integrated Division
- High School Senior (Gr 10-12) / Club Junior (Born 2000-1997) Integrated Division
- Open / Masters Integrated Division (Exception: 60m & 60mH)
JD (born 2007-2003): 60m - 600m - 4X200m Mixed Relay (2G/2B – JD only)
Juvenile HS / Midget Club; Senior HS / Senior HS / Junior Club; Open / Masters:
60m – 60mH – 200m – 400m – 800m – 1200m*/1500m - 4x200m Relay - HJ – SP
* 1200m is the offered distance event for for Juvenile HS / Midget Club Division
- Trophy to High School with the highest total points in Boys, in Girls, and overall Medals to top 3 finishers in each event.
- Awards for best individual performance in Juv HS / Midget ClubW/M; Sr HS / Junior Club W/M; Masters W/M; Open W/M
$17.50 per person per event; $35.00 per relay team
Large Team Entry Fee Ceiling: $400 per gender team.
Entries open Feb 10 and close midnight, Friday, Mar 4
To register go to: trackiereg.com/WilliamsIndoor
BC Athletics Membership Requirements:
All participants in the meet must hold a 2016 BC Athletics or equivalent membership in order to take part in the meet. More information at: bcathletics.org/main/index.htm
Eligible memberships are:
- 2016 Competitive BC Athletics membership
- 2016 Competitive membership with another province or IAAF Federation
- 2016 Team Roster membership with a 2016 BC Athletics affiliated Post Secondary Club
- 2016 BC Athletics School Club (Elementary through High School) membership
Elementary through High School aged athletes who are not with a 2016 BC Athletics School Club are permitted to take out a $3.00 Day of Event membership in order to participate in the meet.
Note: Day of Event memberships are not permitted for any other age group.
|10:30||Juv/Sr/Op/Mstr||M||Shot Put Final||10:45||Juv||W||60m Heat 1/2|
|10:45||Juv||W||400m Final||10:50||Juv||W||60m Heat 2/2|
|10:50||Juv||M||400m Final||10:55||Juv||M||60m Heat 1/2|
|10:55||Sr||W||400m Sec 1/2||11:00||Juv||M||60m Heat 2/2|
|11:00||Sr||W||400m Sec 2/2||11:05||Sr||W||60m Heat 1/3|
|11:05||Sr||M||400m Final||11:10||Sr||W||60m Heat 2/3|
|11:10||Open||M||400m Final||11:15||Sr||W||60m Heat 3/3|
|11:15||Mstr||W||400m Final||11:20||Sr||M||60m Heat 1/3|
|11:20||Mstr||M||400m Final||11:25||Sr||M||60m Heat 2/3|
|11:30||Track Oval Closed for 60m OM - 20min||11:30||Sr||M||60m Heat 3/3|
|11:45||Juv/Sr/Op/Mstr||W||Shot Put Final||11:30||Track Oval Closed for 60m OM - 20min|
|11:50||Juv||W||1200m Final||11:35||Op/Mstr||W||60m Final|
|12:00||Juv||M||1200m Final||11:40||Open||M||60m Heat 1/2|
|12:10||Sr/Op/Mstr||W||1500m Final||11:45||Open||M||60m Heat 2/2|
|12:20||Sr/Op/Mstr||M||1500m Final||11:50||Mstr||M||60m Sec 1/3 Final|
|12:30||Opening Ceremonies||11:55||Mstr||M||60m Sec 2/3 Final|
|12:00||Mstr||M||60m Sec 3/3 Final|
|12:45||Track Oval Closed for 60m OM - 30min|
|12:05||JD 10-12-13||G||60m Final|
|12:45||Juv/Sr/Op/Mstr||W||High Jump Final||12:10||JD 9-10||B||60m Final|
|1:15||JD 10-12-13||G||600m Final||12:15||JD 11-12-13||B||60m Final|
|1:25||JD 10-11-12-13||B||600m Final|
|1:45||Juv/Sr/Op/Mstr||M||High Jump Final||12:25||Juv||M||60M Final|
|1:45||Juv||W||200m Sec 1/2|
|1:50||Juv||W||200m Sec 2/2||12:30||Opening Ceremonies|
|1:55||Juv||M||200m Sec 1/2|
|2:00||Juv||M||200m Sec 2/2||12:45||Track Oval Closed for 60m OM - 30min|
|2:05||Sr||W||200m Sec 1/3||12:45||Sr||W||60M Final|
|2:10||Sr||W||200m Sec 2/3||12:50||Sr||M||60M Final|
|2:15||Sr||W||200m Sec 3/3||12:55||Open||W||60M Final|
|2:20||Sr||M||200m Sec 1/3||1:00||Open||M||60M Final|
|2:25||Sr||M||200m Sec 2/3|
|2:30||Sr||M||200m Sec 3/3||1:10||Juv/Op/Mstr||W||60m H Final|
|2:35||Mstr||W||200m Final||1:20||Sr||W||60m H Final|
|2:40||Open||M||200m Final||1:30||Sr/Mstr||M||60m H Final|
|2:45||Mstr||M||200m Sec 1/2|
|2:50||Mstr||M||200m Sec 2/2|
|3:20||Juv/Mstr||M||800m Sec 1/2|
|3:30||Juv/Sr/Op||M||800m Sec 2/2|
|3:30||Juv/Sr||W||4 X 200m R Sec 1/2|
|3:40||Juv/Sr||W||4 X 200m R Sec 2/2|
|3:50||Juv/Sr/Mstr||M||4 X 200m R Sec 1/2|
|4:00||Sr/Op||M||4 X 200m R Sec 2/2|
Note: Schedule as of 9:00AM March 9th
Important Changes & Reminders:
- The 2016 Province Percy Williams Indoor Games replaces the Gran Forza and offers otherwise missing competition opportunities for both school and club athletes.
- Entry fees have been restructured to reflect loss of corporate sponsorship. Details regarding the online entry process on Trackie are included later in this bulletin.
- The meet will continue to incorporate the straightaway adjacent to the oval for all 60m and 60mHurdle events. Events will run simultaneously on both the oval and the straightaway.
- Avoid time conflicts with events by reviewing this bulletin before completing entry applications.
- The ordering of pin spikes has been integrated into the online event registration process at trackie.com!
- Awards for the outstanding individual performance in each division (HS Juvenile / Club Midget & older).
- Events for JD (born 2007-2003) Girls and Boys: 60m-600m-4x200m Mixed Relay(2G/2B).
- ‘Masters-only’ sections of the 60m are available.
- Junior-aged (<20) not in high school and Masters-aged athletes(35>) may apply to compete in Open.
- Junior-aged athletes in high school may apply for entry in the high school division (High School Sr)
- If there is only one 60m or 60mH heat in a division, it will be run as a final at the heat time.
- JD divisions will run timed finals in the 60m.
- Open Women and Open Men 60m B-finals will only be run if size of field warrants.
- All athletes, especially relay team members, are encouraged to wear club jerseys during their competition.
- If spikes are worn, only the following pin spike will be allowed for use on the Pulastic flooring. Omni-Lite 5mm Ceramic Indoor Pyramid spike and Omni-Lite 7mm Ceramic Indoor Pyramid spike The use of any other type or longer length of spike is prohibited and will be strictly enforced. Spikes may be purchased online for $7.00 per set at time of event registration.
- The Track Zone starting blocks will be the only ones utilized.
- We endeavor to ensure that the appropriate shot weights and sizes, and hurdle heights and spacing are available during the competition.
Specs for 60m Hurdles:
Age Classes: Midget Women/Men; Youth Women/Men; Junior Women/Men; Senior (Open) Women/Men; Masters Women/Men
Specs for Shot Put:
Age Classes: Midget Women/Men; Youth Women/Men; Junior Women/Men; Senior (Open) Women/Men; Masters Women/Men. Throwing Implements are provided.
Start Lines & Staggers: (* = run on straightaway)
- 60m*, 60mH*
- 200m – run in lanes all the way
- 400m – 2 turn stagger (cut in after 2nd bend)
- 800m – 1 turn stagger (cut in after 1st bend)
- 1200m and 1500m - start on single or double curved line; break in when clear; 9 runners max
4 x 200m Relay – 3 turn staggered start: first exchange into third bend; cut in after third bend; 20m exchange zones
See also IAAF Rule #214.6 as per 2016-2017
Entry Deadline: Midnight, Friday, March 4
- All entries are entered online at trackiereg.com/WilliamsIndoor
- Please review carefully BC Athletics membership requirements
- Relay Teams: When entering relay teams, all members must be identified by first selecting number of relay teams and then entering the names of members (section 2 of 3)
- There are no refunds for scratches that occur after the entry deadline. Groups claiming the $400 cap must adjust their entry online for scratches up to Entry Deadline and be charged for extraordinary number of scratches after the deadline.
- Technical meeting at 8:45 am on meet day is last opportunity to scratch from events
Inquiries re Entries:
- Direct your questions to: email@example.com
Start List and Final Schedule:
- First Start List will be posted on harryjerome.com/events 2:00 pm, Monday, March 7
- Final Start List and Schedule of Events will be posted on harryjerome.com/events 2:00 pm, Wednesday March 9
Seeding and Finals:
- Athletes will be placed into sections or heats based on submitted best 2015 OUTDOOR performances.
- All track events with the exception of the 60m, and 60m Hurdles are sectioned timed finals.
- JD 60m events are sectioned timed finals.
Athlete Accreditation (Bibs) & Spectators:
- Athlete and spectator access to the Track Zone is available after 8:30 am.
- Registered athletes may pick up their numbers at the Athlete Check-in table at the main entrance to the Oval from 8:00 am.
- General Admission tickets: $5.00. Children under 13 accompanied by an adult are free.
Available after 2:00 pm on Monday, February 2
Our paperless program will be available at www.harryjerome.com/events
Check-in Times & Locations:
Check-in for all Oval track and field events including all 60m or 60m hurdle events will be located at the northwest corner of the Track Zone (left end of the window wall). Check-in must occur no later than 15 minutes before the posted start times. The athlete control clerks will escort competitors to the start of their event when it is time.
Covered pay parking ($1.00 per hour) is available at the Oval. In addition, West Park is a multi-level parking lot with access off River Road just east of the Lobby entrance to the Oval and with 40 parking stalls available also at $1.00 per hour. With large groups at special events (like ours) parking becomes quite limited.
To assist with your planning, we have included a map with the above parking options as well as free overflow parking at the large Syscon lot immediately east of the Oval. It is a 5 minute walk from there to the Oval along the river dyke pathway. To access the map, click here.